Please note that this recipe is not AIP/Paleo. However, I’m looking forward to changing the recipe to make it compliant soon.
Spiced Rubbed Grilled Chicken Tacos
Spiced Rubbed Grilled Chicken Tacos are an easy summer meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus more for grilling
- 1 onion sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 jalapenos cut in half (and remove the seeds if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 1 avocado sliced
- salsa verde
- Preheat grill.
- Combine the smoked paprika, black pepper, chili powder and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the spices and combine until you have a paste.
- Massage the spice paste into the chicken.
- Once the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grates.
- Allow the chicken to cook about 5-7 minutes. The cooking time is dependent upon how hot your grill is. The cooking times I am giving are for a grill at about 350 degrees. Some grills get much hotter than that so you need to pay close attention to the cooking times.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can toss the onions and jalapenos with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to flip the chicken you can also add the onion and jalapenos to the grill.
- Let the chicken cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Let the onions and jalapenos cook until they are soft and have a nice grill marks on them. Then remove them from the grill.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the grill and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.
- Place the chicken, onions, jalapenos, avocado, cilantro and salsa verde in a tortilla to serve.
Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Food poisoning really spoils the fun of a summer BBQ. For more info on proper cooking times click here.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 1962kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 119g | Fat: 145g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 28g | Monounsaturated Fat: 68g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 667mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 2948mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 5256IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 12mg